Logo BÜMAG eG

HISTORY & LOCATION

of the Brushmakers

HISTORY -  „In the land of paintbrush and brushmakers”

1825 · · ·  since around 1825, brooms and brushes from the densely wooded region around the Cow mountain have been well known. C.F. Flemming and G. Henneberger, both from Schönheide, began producing brooms and brushes in the times of great need.

1860 · · ·  from 1860, factories, many small companies and family businesses developed to produce brooms, brushes and paintbrushes. In the communities surrounding the Cow mountain, the craft of brushmaking developed into one of the most important trade branches.

1946  - on 24 September 1946, 140 independent businesses in the brush industry combined to form the “BÜMAG” cooperative. The goals was to ensure the acquisition of materials and sales for the member companies.

1989  - after the political shift in 1989, the remaining 25 businesses decided to set the proven strength of BÜMAG against the economically difficult environment.

2014  - BÜMAG took over the largest member company, “Flamingo Bürsten GmbH”.

today  - BÜMAG itself is the largest producer with 145 employees in the cooperative network.

LOCATION TODAY

The region surrounding the Cow mountain stretches around the 795m-high Cow mountain in the Ore mountains and Vogtland, and is one of the largest broom and brush industry locations in Germany. In the surrounding communities of Schönheide, Stützengrün, Hundshübel, Rothenkirchen, Steinberg and Wildenau, brooms and brushes are still being produced. This region is often called the “land of the brushmakers”.

SCHÖNHEIDE - home of BÜMAG eG since 2014

overall area approx. 90.000 m²
production on approx. 10.000 m²
logistics on approx. 30.000 m², 5500 pallet lots

to TOP Button